Questions for Law School Reps.
The University of Alabama Law School Fair provides an excellent opportunity for students to interact and engage with law school representatives from around the country. This is your opportunity to ask questions regarding specific interests and concerns. This resource may serve as a guide to help you get started in gathering information to find the law school that is the best fit for you. Be thoughtful and prepared with your questions for the law school representatives and you will make a strong impression.
- Beyond the LSAT and GPA, what can help a student stand out in an application?
- Is there an advantage to applying early? If so, when do you advise applying by?
- Is there a downside to taking the LSAT multiple times?
- Is there a particular area of law that you see more students interested in now than in the past? In what specialties do you see the potential for job growth over the next 10 years?
- What clinical, externship, moot court/trial team, and law journal/law review opportunities are offered? Is participation competitive?
- What is the atmosphere like? How would you describe student relationships?
- Does your school help pair students with alumni mentors or current students who are further along in their careers?
- What criteria are used to award merit-based and need-based scholarships? What is needed to keep these scholarships?
- How active is your career services office bringing in potential employers for on-campus interviews, helping students find a clerkship, employment, etc.?
- What would you characterize as the strongest aspects of your school?